Coming soon.. sooner than I imagined actually, feels like we only just got 10.3. Its great to see Ubuntu evolve in to a great desktop environment that less technical users can adopt and enjoy too.
Change volume key step size in Ubuntu
At work we often listen to music off of my computer, so when the phone rings I have to quickly adjust the volume. Using the volume keys on my keyboard I could have the music either really loud or too quiet.
So, to change the effect the volume keys have:
- Press Alt+F2 to bring up the “Run” box.
- Type in “gconf-editor” and press enter.
- Select “Apps > gnome_settings_daemon“
- On the right hand side you’ll have a single option named “volume_step“
- Change the numerical value (6 by default) to a lower one (3 seems pretty good)